On Top of the World
Located in one of the Bay Area's most coveted enclaves, this timeless and remodeled view estate includes an
exceptional main residence and a stunning newly constructed one bedroom guest house. All main rooms have
views of the Bay and are a feast for the eyes. The World Class panoramic views extend from the East Bay,
Angel Island, San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge and beyond. The setting is idyllic for entertaining
family and friends. Sited on a 1+ acres, 1910 Straits View Drive features a custom hand forged main gate,
lush lawns and gardens, impressive stonework, an infinity swimming pool, a new in-ground spa with outdoor
shower, sauna, gymnasium, extraordinary theatre, spacious view patios and balconies.
MAIN LIVING AREA & MASTER SUITE
This stunning estate was perfectly sited to maximize the natural light and panoramic views from all rooms.
The dramatic formal living room and dining room open to the gracious view deck and overlooks the swimming pool and grounds.
The architecture and design of this magnificent residence offers the highest in quality finishes including:
The cook's kitchen features:
- Wide plank distressed oak floors
- Integral plaster in most rooms
- Custom hardware
- Exquisite custom solid walnut doors
- Dome ceilings
- Trey ceiling in the master bedroom and informal dining room
- Custom glazed wood beamed ceiling in living room
- Four fireplaces with custom designer surrounds
- Butler's pantry and office area with fireplace
- Informal dining overlooking the San Francisco Bay
- Custom Alder cabinetry
- Walnut butcher block center island with Kohler Pro
Cook Center and vegetable sink
- Acid wash stone counter tops
- Appliances include: two Fisher & Paykel dishwasher
drawers, Bosch dishwasher, Subzero refrigerators,
Marvel wine refrigerator, and Viking 6 burner gas
range with 2 ovens and pot filler
The family room/media room in the main home has sweeping Bay views.
The flat screen television and audio visual equipment are behind custom
carved doors. The fireplace has a new designer surround crafted from mahogany
and is a beautiful focal point. There is an adjacent remodeled "mini"' kitchen and half bath.
“On top of the world”, the view from the master bed is of the Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The master suite enjoys an adjoining sitting area with custom marble fireplace and the walk-in closet is enormous.
The master bath has custom cabinetry with double sinks and marble countertop, gorgeous accent tile
and stone, a claw foot tub, and custom lighting.
BEDROOMS, OFFICE/CIGAR ROOM, & GUEST HOUSE
There are 3 additional bedrooms; 2 upstairs near the master suite and one
bedroom suite downstairs that consists of 2 rooms plus full bath. The
additional room can be a playroom, private sitting room, office, etc.
- The handsome office/cigar room/library is paneled with fine custom woodwork
and cabinetry, including a lighted showcase area and custom work space.
The new guest house features a gorgeous bedroom suite with a horizontal
stacked thin-cut limestone accent wall, wide plank floors and radiant heat.
- The kitchen has mahogany framed glass NanaWalls that completely open the
room to the view deck, and features a custom island with bar seating, Subzero
refrigerator, convection/microwave oven and sitting area.
- The state-of-the-art theatre/media room features a 103 inch Panasonic plasma
flat screen, plush leather reclining chairs, mohair walls excellent for sound
systems, and wool carpet.
- The gymnasium has a flat screen television and enjoys an atrium effect with the
2-story ceilings. The room is accented with horizontal thin-cut stacked stone
- The gymnasium with flat screen television is two stories "tall" and is accented
with horizontal thin-cut stacked limestone walls.
- Located outside the lower entrance there is a sauna with outdoor shower and a
separate laundry room with Maytag washer and dryer.
- Tiburon is a beautiful enclave of historical landmarks, parks, world-class restaurants and shopping areas.
- Easy access to some of the Bay Area's best hiking, biking and running trails and paths.
- Short proximity to the Blue & Gold Fleet ferry for daily commuting to San Francisco.
- Awarding winning Reed Union School District and Tamalpais Union High School District.